Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Water

The small light of the tiny light turning on and blinking pierced the darkness of the room like a spear through the heart. The beeping that accompanied it pierced the silence was equally startaling. But any feeling of shock we had was slowly replaced with a feeling of dread, for we knew exactly what the small light signified. I looked up at my partner, and nodded. He looked back at me sternly. We were ready to move in for the kill.
I was terrified of what was to come, but also excited. I was eagar to get my revenge on the terrible monster who destroyed my village, the mightly Thallassus. I was also scared, we were miles under the sea, miles from the air we breath, with nothing to protect us except our steel can of a submarine. I took a deep breath. My partner looked at me as if to say, "Well, this is it." He left to man his post at the port gunning station, and I left for the startboard one. For hours I stared through my glass viewing panel towards the empty, black expanse of sea in from of me. I could still hear the beeping of the radar in the other room, for the rest of the submarine was unmoving and deadly silent. I focused intently on the small, repetitive beeping. You could cut the tenison with a knife. The beeping started speeding up a little. The dreaded monster was coming up in front of us, we could almost see it! I took another deep breath. And then... "False alarm." My partner said from the other gunning station. "Its some kind of scouting ship. What is it doing in these dangerous waters anyways?" Suddenly there was a deafaning roar behind us, so loud where it had been so quiet. The roar was filled with inhuman ferocity and anger. We had been drawn into a trap! My partner and I swiveled as fast as we could, and there it was, Thalassus, the anicent sea abomination. It was so large, most of it was obscured by the black sea. I started blasting it with high-powed rapid gunfire. With an inhumanly quick swipe, the monster ripped off my partner's gunning station from our submarine. My partner, knowing his doom, primed all the missles in his gunning station. I pressed a button and separated my gunning station from the rest of the sub so that the water wouldnt fill in and drown me. The beast turned his sights on me, but suddenly, my partner's missles exploded, stunning it. Then I blasted it with mah lazer and schooled it.

No comments:

Post a Comment