I am from here.
I've never been anywhere else.
I am from Thomas and Kilbourne and Wilson.
I am from Wendy's and Dairy Queen and CVS.
My ancestors, even my parents were from different places
than here.
I guess somebody had to break their cycle.
I am the first, on both sides, to know english as my first language.
I was from philly.
But I remember nothing of it.
I looked pictures of the house where I lived
and the hospital where I was born. I still didn't remember.
I was from bali too.
I wasn't from there for very long.
But it was longer than philly.
I am from the wonders of the internet.
I am from the old worthington library.
Where my friends and I would go every day after school.
Even in the pouring rain. Our homework got drenched.
We complained at the time, but it didn't really matter.
I'm not from as many places as other people
such as George Ella Lyon.
Because I'm just 15.
But I remember all the places I am from the same.
Mas, this is awesome! I love the fact that, even though you say you're just from Worthington, you capture the essence of Worthington and your own adventures here; I also get a sense of your family and interests, and this piece is just really well done! Side note...how'd you get into senior comp being only 15 :)
ReplyDelete