Sometimes people think something is good when in fact it is bad. In these cases I use aruments to inform. One specific case is when people think internet explorer is good. I use arguments to show how slow and uninteractive internet explorer to get them to switch to another browser.
In the example above, after arguing to inform about Internet Explorer I would argue to convince the victim of the merits of Google Chrome. I would explain the features of Chrome, how it is much faster and much more user oriented, and is completly free. This argument eliminates any doubts in the mark's mind.
An example of an argument to explore is like in "Don't ask don't tell" because people will argue this kind of thing for progress. Another great example is in abortion arguments too.
One extreemly important decision I am forced to make sometimes is which Chinese buffet to go to for lunch. The one on Sawmill has really good chicken and fried stuff, but the one in Lewis center has better noddles and dessert stuff. Usually if I want to eat healthier I argue to myself that I will spend more time eating noodles at the one in Lewis center and eat there.
Whenever I fell stressful I sometimes use arguements to make myself more calm or to clear my head, like "Someone else somewhere has it worse than me." The thought of someone else suffering makes me feel better and more focused.
1) Nice! So I use Google Chrome...would that be your choice/ I used to use firefox but was encouraged otherwise
ReplyDelete2)Oh, that answers my question :)
3)What are some specific arguments for both sides of these issues?
4) *extremely; I love Chinese food! And lo mein is one of my favorites :)
5) Good example; I've used that one before